Friday 22 July 2011

ADR 79/02 - Emission Control for Light Vehicles

Possibly one of the most difficult to try and explain my way around. So to keep things simple, I will be using the B6 engine out of the MX5. I will use all the original emission control devices from the donor car and have it all set up like it should be. The exhaust will have a catalytic converter in it. So everything will be as it should be.

Then i will need to try and get the car past an IM240 emissions test. The NSW RTA holds IM240 testing days for free to get your car checked. I will need to get the car tuned properly and then tested. Fingers crossed the car will pass with a mild tune. If not then i will have to take a ECU guru with me and attempt to change things on the fly.

1 comment:

  1. having same problem here. How did you get on. Adrian

    ReplyDelete