Tuesday 23 September 2014

Project continuation

Hi all, if there is anyone still reading this blog. Anyway, that's not entirely why the blog is here. It's my outlet to get ideas onto paper, well, into words on a screen anyway. Since my last update I have finally moved back to Sydney! I've been a bit quiet on the Clubman build regardless due to getting a job which turned out I hated with an absolute passion, and a positive is that I have started designing and building my own CNC plasma cutter.

Since I last blogged about the plasma cutter idea I decided that to spend $18k on a turn key table was way too over the top especially as i didn't get made redundant from the previous job. So I have designed and built my own table and have started the design and build of the CNC axis. The table has a cutting envelope of 3000 x 1500mm, well slightly less due to the size of the gantry on the X and Y rails. Anyway, about to go up to the folks for a day and a bit of working on the table x axis. Can't wait. I'll leave with a few pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment